Located in the heart of Saskatoon’s iconic downtown, The Saskatoon Club has been home to the city’s business and community leaders for more than a century.
Treating our members to elevated cuisine, distinct experiences, personal service and the only 24-hour athletic facility downtown, The Saskatoon Club serves and supports its members unlike any other venue in the city. More than bricks and mortar, services offered at The Saskatoon Club extend beyond the walls to ensure in this changing work environment we are meeting the needs of our members wherever they may be. The Saskatoon Club plays an important role in fostering relationships within the business community.
Our members are diverse employers, influencers, neighbours and friends. Together, we honour the past and shape the future of Saskatoon.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the management and day-to-day running of the kitchen to provide a high level of food quality and selection to our members and guests. The Sous Chef supervisors the line cooks and kitchenhands.
- Oversee all aspects of food preparation, according to approved standards and amounts
- Fill in online where needed
- Provide backup for the Executive Chef position
- Order, receive, store and inventory all food product
- Assist with developing recipes and costing recipes
- Assist with budget and tracking costs
- Ensure team members follow all standard operating procedures
- Kitchen supervisor and cleaning schedule
- Cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Assist with costing, and recipe development
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, culinary school or equivalent
- 3+ years of cooking experience
- 2+ years experience supervising team members
- Certifications: Serve it Right and Food Safe
- Proficient with various software (online ordering, POS, MS Office)
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent customer/member service skills
- Ability to strive under pressure and adaptive
- Demonstrated dedication to growth in the culinary field
🕞 40-hour workweek
💰Very competitive hourly pay ($23-$25)
🏆 Work alongside an award-winning team
⚕️ Generous benefits package
🏌️ Work-life-balance oriented
🍽️ Onsite staff meals
Let’s be clear, it is fun to create excellence! We are taking things to the next level for service and creating something special. We need your help to do it. If you are personally motivated by customer service and energized by customer satisfaction, this is the place for you. We work in a team atmosphere and have a unified end goal…excellence!
Please apply on this posting or drop off a resume at the front desk of The Saskatoon Club or email: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting with you!
Applications will be accepted until July 20th, 2022. Only candidates who will be interviewed will be contacted. The suggested start date is August 13th, 2022.